Privacy & cookies
Your Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak Goggles (hereinafter “Company” or “Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak”) are committed to protecting and respecting your (hereinafter “Customer”) privacy.
This policy (together with Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak – Terms of Website use) and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data Company collects from Customer, or that Customer provides to Company, will be processed by Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (hereinafter “Act”), the data controller is our Operations Manager.
INFORMATION COMPANY MAY COLLECT FROM CUSTOMER
– Company may collect and process the following data about Customer:
– Information that Customer provides by filling in forms on Company’s website through Paypal – www.swimfreak.co.uk (hereinafter “Website”). This includes information provided at the time of buying Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak products and when enquiring about them.
– If Customer contacts Company, Company may keep a record of that correspondence.
– Details of transactions Customer carries out through Company’s site and of the fulfilment of Customer’s orders.
– Details of Customer’s visits to the Website.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak may collect information about Customer’s computer, including where available IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Company’s advertisers. This is statistical data about Website users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Company may obtain information about Customer’s general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of Customer’s computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to Customer computer’s hard drive. They help Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak:
– To estimate Website’s audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about Customer’s preferences, and so allow Company to customise the Website according to Customer’s individual interests.
– To speed up Customer’s searches.
– To recognise Customer when returning to the Website.
STORAGE OF CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Company will do its best to protect Customer’s personal data, Company cannot guarantee the security of Customer data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at Customer’s own risk. Once Company has received Customer’s information, Company will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak uses information held about Customer in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for Customer and for Customer’s computer.
– To provide Customer with information and the services that Customer requests from Company or which Company feels may interest Customer, where Customer has consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To carry out Company’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Customer and Company.
– To allow Customer to participate in interactive features of Company’s service, when Customer chooses to do so.
– To notify Customer about changes to Company’s service.
Subject to Customer’s rights as set out at the end of this section Company may also use Customer’s data to provide Customer with information about Company’s services which may be of interest to Customer. Company may contact Customer about these by e-mail, SMS, post or telephone.
Company will never pass on Customer details to any third parties, unless necessary to carry out service ordered by Customer.
If Customer does not want to receive information about Company’s other goods and services Customer will be given an opportunity, when contacted by Company, to be removed from Company’s list.
DISCLOSURE OF CUSTOMER’S INFORMATION
Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak may disclose Customer’s personal information to any member of its group, which means Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak’s subsidiaries, Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
Company may disclose Customer’s personal information to third parties:
– In the event that Company sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Company may disclose Customer’s personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If Company is under a duty to disclose or share Customer’s personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak’s Terms of Website use or Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak’s other agreements; or to protect Company’s rights, property, or safety of and that of its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Customer has the right to ask Company not to process Customer’s personal data for marketing purposes. Company will usually inform Customer (before collecting Customer’s data) if Company intends to use Customer’s data for such purposes. Customer can exercise Customer’s right to prevent such processing by replying to any information Company sends Customer with a request that Company does not send any further information. Customer can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Company at email@example.com
Proswim Ltd trading as Swimfreak’s Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Company’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Customer follows a link to any of these websites, Customer is advised that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Customer is asked to check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives Customer the right to access information held Customer. Customer’s right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Company’s costs in providing Customer with details of the information Company holds about Customer.